Megger Magnus Step-Up Transformer
The Megger MAGNUS permits you to prepare excitation curves for instrument transformers quickly and easily.
Our pages are encrypted and protected from cyber-attack.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliant.
TLS (SSL) - all data/information is secure from interception.
When power systems are put into operation or when faults occur, it becomes necessary to check the instrument transformers to make sure that they are providing test instruments and protective relay equipment with the correct outputs.
The Programma Magnus (now called the Megger Magnus) permits you to prepare excitation curves for instrument transformers quickly and easily. It is also used to demagnetise current transformer cores and to conduct turn-ratio tests on voltage transformers. Even though it weighs only 16 kg (35 lbs), it provides 1 A at 2.2 kV. As standard, MAGNUS is delivered with a special high-voltage cable and a robust transport case.
230V & 115V mains voltage versions of the Magnus are available. Please state which you require when ordering.
- Quick and easy preparation of excitation curves for instrument transformers.
- Demagnetise current transformer cores.
- Conduct turn-ratio tests on voltage transformers.
- Two-hand control enhances personal safety.
- Mains voltage: 115/230V AC, 50/60 Hz.
- Power consumption: 2300 VA (max).
- Protection: Thermal cut-outs.
- Weight: 26.7 kg (58.9 lbs) with accessories and transport case.
- Dimensions (Instrument): 356 x 203 x 241 mm (14” x 8” x 9.5”).
- Megger Magnus Warranty: 1 year.
Includes: Cable set GA-00090, Transport case GD-0018 and Megger Magnus instruction manual.