This Blog Post is reproduced with thanks from the Cuthbertson Laird Group UK website. View the original blog here>
DRUCK DPI 612 FLEX SERIES - FLEXIBLE PRESSURE CALIBRATORS
Building on the technical legacy and more than three decades of experience in pressure sensor development and calibration, the DPI 612 Flex series provides all the convenience and reliability of a true “Druck,” yet offers interchangeable pressure modules, higher accuracy and significantly improved pressure generation.
GE’s 5th generation dedicated pressure calibrator that combines pressure generation, signal measurement and loop power in one robust, easy-to-use instrument. Best in class accuracy, simple to use and fast acting, it takes the original ‘Druck’ to the next level in pressure calibration and measurement.
These fully self-contained pressure test and calibration systems have interchangeable pressure modules for flexible ranging, generate pneumatic or hydraulic pressures, measure process signals and supply loop power. They provide all the convenience of the Druck DPI 610/615 series with significantly improved generation capabilities, higher accuracy and simplified touch screen operation.
The DPI 612 is aimed at customers in the Process Industries including Oil and Gas production and distribution, chemical, petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, power stations (gas/coal/oil) food.
WHAT MAKES THE DPI 612 BETTER THAN THE DPI 610?
- Interchangeable pressure modules for pressure range flexibility.
- Generate 0 to 20 bar / 300 psi in less than 30 seconds.
- Generate 100 bar / 1500 psi without gas bottles.
- Generate 1000 bar / 15000 psi hydraulic pressure.
- Pressure measurement is twice as accurate.
- Three times better electrical accuracy.
- DUT and pressure module overpressure protection.
- Quick-to-fit and tool-less pressure connection system.
- Simplified touch screen interface with application DASHBOARD, quick TASK selection and FAVOURITES storage.
- Fast, three touch set-up for any application.
- Calculates PASS/FAIL errors, documents results and interfaces with Calibration Software.
The innovative design of the DPI 612 Flex series pressure systems achieves efficient generation and precise control through the use of carefully selected materials with high tolerance machining and perfect finishes. The choice of case materials and precision moulding ensures that the DPI 612 Flex are rugged and weatherproof.
ADVANTAGES of the DRUCK DPI612 IN BRIEF
- Better Accuracy.
- Interchangeable pressure modules.
- High pneumatic pressure generation.
- Higher hydraulic pressure generation.
- Integrated fast acting pressure pump.
- Fast and efficient.
- Quick tool-free pressure connections.
- Easy-to-use and rugged.
- Cost effective.
The DPI 612 pFlex and hFlexPro directly replace the DPI 610/615 PC and HC models and will provide higher accuracy and greater flexibility with simplified and improved operation.
The DPI 612 pFlexPro extends the pneumatic capability from 20 bar/300 psi to 100 bar/1500 psi.
The DPI 612 hFlexPro extends the capability from 400 bar/5800 psi to 1000 bar/15000 psi and for greater convenience has a internal fluid reservoir.
The pFlex pneumatic versions have a simple selector to let you convert from vacuum to pressure and with the high efficiency hand pumps and volume adjusters you can generate accurate pressure quickly and with ease.
The hFlex hydraulic version has an internal reservoir for hydraulic oil or water, a priming pump to expel air from the connected system and an intensifier to quickly and easily generate pressure.
DEPENDABLE AND EFFICIENT PRESSURE GENERATION
- Three model choices to generate from 95% vacuum to 1000 bar/ 15000 psi
- 20 bar/300 psi in 30 seconds
- 100 bar/1500 psi without gas bottles and regulators
- 1000 bar/15000 psi hydraulic pressure
- Flexible pressure ranging – swap the module not the instrument
- Re-range for different applications and expand the system over time
- 31 interchangeable pressure modules from 25 mbar/10 inH20 to 1000 bar/15000 psi
- Accuracy from 0.005% FS.
- “Hot swap” without tools, seals or cables.
For convenience and to protect your budget, the pressure modules are fully interchangeable between the DPI 612 Flex series and the DPI 620 Genii multi-function calibrator / communicator series.
- Field interchangeable, automatic detection.
- Simple screw fit: no tools, sealing or cables required.
- 31 ranges: 25 mbar/10 inH2O to 1000 bar/15000 psi.
- Accuracy from 0.005% FS e.g. 0.001 bar/0.015 psi error @ 20 bar/300 psi.
The DPI 612 Flex series combines the comprehensive electrical measurement and sourcing capability of the DPI 610 series, with higher accuracy and simplified connections.
- The DPI 612 Flex electrical measurement accuracy includes one year stability, temperature errors and calibration uncertainty, making it three times more accurate than the DPI 610 series.
- For ease of use the electrical connectors have been rationalised to four 4mm sockets.
QUICK-TO-FIT PRESSURE CONNECTIONS
Making leak-tight, pressure connections is inevitably frustrating. The DPI 612 Flex series have quick-to-fit adaptor and hose systems with time-saving advantages over conventional methods:
- All adaptors, hoses and accessories, including the dirt and moisture traps, are quick and simple to fit. No tools or sealing are required and connections are leak free every time.
- A damaged thread on an instrument pressure port often necessitates a costly repair and significant downtime. With the DPI 612 quick-to-fit system damaged adaptors are very simply replaced in-the-field.
- Making leak tight connections wastes time and for several joints, it can take longer than a calibration. The DPI 612 Flex system is proven to significantly reduce set-up time.
SIMPLIFIED TOUCH SCREEN
The Druck DPI 612 Flex calibrators have the same user interface design as the unique and award-winning DPI 620 Genii (Measures magazine innovative product of 2014).
- The DASHBOARD allows quick application selection without menus or special keys - just tap the app.
- The TASK menu provides a library of popular configurations, so from the calibrator screen three simple gestures will completely reconfigure the DPI 612 Flex for the next job.
- From the FAVOURITES menu it’s even quicker to access regularly used and customised TASKS.
- The touch screen only shows function keys when they’re required, making it quicker and simpler to use than complex keypads with special function keys and key combinations.
- Application connection diagrams can be viewed on screen.
The DPI 612 Flex is a simple-to-use “everyday” tool for maintaining and calibrating pressure instruments and due to its processing power and advance software, the automation of procedures reduces even the most complex task to a few simple user actions.
- Automated calibration procedures.
- PASS/FAIL error analysis.
- Multi-channel data logging.
- 8Gb (nominal) user memory.
- Connectivity with leading calibration and maintenance software including 4Sight from GE.
DPI 612 WITH CALIBRATION AND MAINTENANCE SOFTWARE
Intecal10 is a simple to use single PC application for managing the calibration cycles and historical data of process instrumentation. It works with Druckportable calibrators and workshop instruments to automate the calibration process.
- User accounts and access levels.
- Asset database.
- Automated scheduling.
- Defined procedures.
- Supports portable field and fixed workshop calibrators.
- Data analysis, certificate generation, archiving.
- Extensive connectivity including the DPI 611, DPI 612, DPI 620 and PACE series of instruments.
Each model is available as a complete pressure calibration kit. These include a carry case, hose, adaptors and dirt trap as appropriate. They include a PM 620 pressure module and are available in different pressure ranges. Also available without a pressure module and without accessories. This allows customers to use existing pressure modules or to order pressure module and accessories of their choice.